Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's the Little Things


"HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW and I KNOW HE WATCHES ME!"

The longer I live, the more I realize that it really is "the little things" that determine the quality of my life.
A gentleman turning back to hold the door for me.
The inevitable endearment term of "Mother" by African cab drivers when they address me.
The "LOVE YOU" from one of my Royal Grands.
Someone quietly passing me a cup of Hot Green tea with honey
during an Annual Conference.

MOTHER TERESA taught:
"Life is not measured by GREAT accomplishments, but by doing small things with GREAT LOVE."

LORD Please teach me to excel at "little things":
A warm smile to a stranger.
Assisting another traveler during a flight.
Complimenting a sales or service person.
Blessing a family member for no reason.
Making some one's day with an extravagant surprise.
Taking time to really LISTEN;
when I am in a hurry and some one has some thing to say to me.
AND above all LORD please help me to develop a
lifestyle of authentic GRATITUDE.
I need to say "THANK YOU" more each day of my life.
JESUS, let it be so.
AMEN.

~Reverend Dr. Cecelia Williams Bryant~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment